Some days I really love my job.
I was invited to a preview of what will be happening behind the scenes at tomorrow night’s Genie Awards.
So here’s what I got:
- A hair lesson from Civello.
- My nails done by Tips.
- Exquisite, freshly dipped Brie & fig Chocolates from Purdy’s.
- In case that wasn’t enough, the Westin Harbour Castle’s executive chef Duff Lampard also gave me a generous slice of flourless chocolate silk
- Since I’m off alcohol for lent, I had to forgo Grey Goose’s special martinis and opted instead for a
- Buttery Gold Blend from David’s Tea.
- Jokes from Deb McGrath & Sheila McCarthy.
- Style tips from Stacey McKenzie
- Giggles with Mr. D’s Lauren Hammersley
- And of course catching up with George Stroumboulopoulos and Andrea Martin.
The hair is lose and flowy, with low, messy buns being the biggest trend.
Nails are fun and funky, as you can see by the ones Tips designed for Stacey McKenzie. (My favourites are “The Louboutins” -painted on one side, with signature red on the underside.)
Stacey says I need to be bolder in my styling. “Someone get this girl red lips!”
I won’t tell you which of the awesome female comediennes exclaimed “I’ve got Monsieur Lazhar in my pants!!”, but I will say that we really do have some of the most amazing talent in this country.
And what can I say about George? I had a series of questions people asked on Facebook and when I got to this one, from my friend Kelli, he took it in stride. “Connie would like me to pinch Strombo’s ass at The Genie’s. As him if he’ll be offended:)”
“How old is she?”
Ok, that’s age appropriate.
Andrea butts in saying “Cause if she were 15, he’d be arrested!”
Well, she is pretty hot, I add.
George takes a breath and says “I don’t know that I should go on the record either way, but…I’m an easy to get along with fellow…”
I can’t wait for Genies. If this preview is anything to go by, it’s going to be a fun night for Canadian film and television.
Sometimes the perks are FABULOUS! Now I wish I could fix that style in my hair! Nice “work” Racheal!
if you ever need help, don’t hesitate to let me know!
That sounds JUST like my day at work yesterday – minus all the awesomeness! So jealous. Sounds amazing. And I agree that pic of Strombo and Andrea is amazing!!
dee brun says
The pic of Strombo and Andrea is Stunning…Great job and looks like you have a fabulous time…Cheers