Some days I really love my job.
So here’s what I got:
- A hair lesson from Civello.
- My nails done by Tips.
- Exquisite, freshly dipped Brie & fig Chocolates from Purdy’s.
- In case that wasn’t enough, the Westin Harbour Castle’s executive chef Duff Lampard also gave me a generous slice of flourless chocolate silk
- Since I’m off alcohol for lent, I had to forgo Grey Goose’s special martinis and opted instead for a
- Buttery Gold Blend from David’s Tea.
- Jokes from Deb McGrath & Sheila McCarthy.
- Style tips from Stacey McKenzie
- Giggles with Mr. D’s Lauren Hammersley
- And of course catching up with George Stroumboulopoulos and Andrea Martin.
Nails are fun and funky, as you can see by the ones Tips designed for Stacey McKenzie. (My favourites are “The Louboutins” -painted on one side, with signature red on the underside.)
I won’t tell you which of the awesome female comediennes exclaimed “I’ve got Monsieur Lazhar in my pants!!”, but I will say that we really do have some of the most amazing talent in this country.
And what can I say about George? I had a series of questions people asked on Facebook and when I got to this one, from my friend Kelli, he took it in stride. “Connie would like me to pinch Strombo’s ass at The Genie’s. As him if he’ll be offended:)”
“How old is she?”
Ok, that’s age appropriate.
Andrea butts in saying “Cause if she were 15, he’d be arrested!”
Well, she is pretty hot, I add.
George takes a breath and says “I don’t know that I should go on the record either way, but…I’m an easy to get along with fellow…”