Recently we put out our semi-annual member survey asking for feedback, ideas, and information from the urbanmoms.ca community. I always find it incredibly interesting to hear from members on what their impression of the community is and how they would like to improve it. We also learn a lot about who our members are. I thought it might interest you to hear a little bit about what we found.
What we learned about urbanmoms.ca Members
- 55% of you are on facebook (Hey! Me too…go ahead and look me up)
- 70+% of you tell at least 5 people about a product you love (not a single person said they tell no one)
- Almost 90% of you go online at least daily
- 75% of you visit urbanmoms.ca at least weekly (hooray!)
- Most of you have told at least 1 friend about urbanmoms.ca and almost half have told more than 5!
- The vast majority read the blogs but have never commented (come on…please?! we all love to hear from you!)
- Your fave areas of the site are Cool Products & Stuff and Contests and Promotions (We heard you! We’re working on some exciting new stuff)
- The majority of you want to see more contests and promotions, do more product testing, and
provide your feedback more often – If this sounds like you – you are PERFECT for the Go2Girlz Product Testing Panel!
- 90% of you have 1-3 children with almost 40% having 2
- over 80% of you are between 25 and 44 years of age
Moms Are Powerful Consumers
Product Categories on the rise – Since becoming a mom your interest in or your consumption of the following has increased:
- Packaged Goods
- Organic/Green Products
- Dairy Products
- Decorating/Home Improvement
- Events in your city
- Personal Fitness
- Health and Wellness
- Online Shopping
And even those that didn’t grow, consumption of or interest in the following categories remained the same since having children:
- Make-up/Skin Care
- Media/World News
Interestingly out of all of the categories we listed not a single one declined in interest or consumption since becoming a mom. Wow! Moms are powerful consumers!
Thanks to all of you who regularly participate in our online research. If you would like any information about urbanmoms.ca Consumer Insights please send me an email.