I can only hope that they find some peace and happiness in 2012.
Last New Years Eve I wrote about the fact that I never make resolutions. I only have intentions.
- I intended to read a book. I read 2
- I intended to get back on track with Cuyler and what he needs. And we did.
- I intended to lose 7 pounds. Well…there those 7 pounds still sit. Right where they were last January 1st along with 3 extra pounds that I added. Oh well…best intentions…there’s always this year, right?
- take better care of myself. Not lose weight, but get healthy. I need to find more zen in my life. I’m going to try yoga to see if that can help centre me a bit.
On the advice of Cuyler’s naturopath I am going to start taking supplements.
I’ve also gone gluten free. I can’t tell you how much better I feel already. If I had any doubt that I was intolerant, 20 minutes after the breaded wings I had the other night proved I am. Tummy troubles – be gone!!
The other crucial part to me getting healthier is to sleep more. I have always been a night owl. Always. But it’s been getting worse. Some nights I am still up reading or watching tv at 2am. Not because I want to, but because I can’t fall asleep. I
‘d like to need to address that. I know I could cope better with the many stresses of my life if I were more rested.
- hire house cleaner. A luxury, I know. We get a specific amount of respite funding per year for Cuyler and there are several different ways we can use it. I figured out that we can pay for his extracurriculars with it (gymnastics and camp) and have enough left over to pay a house cleaner to come in every other week.
This will also force us to keep on top of the clutter that tends to build up in corners, staircases and the floor.
I spent Saturday cleaning out our kitchen cupboards, fridge and freezer. I can’t tell you how good it is to open up the doors and see order everywhere. I’m hoping for order throughout our house and in our life.
Oh those 3 things and also be a kickass mother and wife…