I’m in a bit confused as to what to do. I think I’ve decided that I’ll do nothing.
Here’s the thing (please don’t judge):
He has always been in field trip groups, play day groups and small group projects with these kiddos.
I was torn. In the end I left it.
All I could think of was that Cuyler will be going on the same trip and my greatest hope is that he shares the experience with someone tolerant of his issues.
My friend asked if I wanted her to contact the resource teacher to make sure she doesn’t consider putting him in the same class, since 2 parents asked.
I said not to worry about it. We’ll let it play out. I don’t imagine that they will do any sort of rearrangement at this late stage.
I told Sean about it. His concern is that they might.
Her reply was “You shouldn’t feel like that. Cam deserves a break from autism. He’s a great kid.”
I’m going to suck every last ounce of summer out of the next several days before all three are in school full time.