Last week, I posted about 10 great movies to watch in bed when you are sick. Did you check any of them out?
If you are still feeling under the weather, I’ve got just the thing for you. We all know that chicken soup helps makes colds better, here’s a great recipe for vietnamese inspired Pho with a twist. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 6 oz rice vermicelli (half of most packages)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water14 oz can of coconut milk
- 3/4 lb of chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- handful of cilantro
- handful of beansprouts
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned red pepper
- In a large pot, warm up your vegetable oil and saute the garlic and ginger until they’re translucent and fragrant.
- Add the stock, coconut milk and water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and cook for 20 minutes.
- While that’s happening, soak your noodles in lukewarm water in a large bowl. Once the chicken has been cooking for 20 minutes, add the noodles and stir.
- Add the lime, fish sauce and sugar. Taste to check seasoning.
- Serve in large bowls and top with fresh carrots, sprouts, peppers and cilantro.
*Recipe printed with the permission of Sweet Potato Chronicles.
Do you have a favourite stay-in-your-pajamas movie?