This is a question we often hesitate to answer when asked. According to Dove Canada, only 1 in 10 women are proud to reveal their age and nearly three quarters of women around the world admit to being concerned about their aging looks.
This year, Dove is turning 50 in Canada and in recognition, Dove has launched the Beautiful Age Campaign. Earlier this year, a coast-to-coast casting call was open in search of 50 Canadian real women for this new campaign showcasing their personal stories about why they feel beautiful at any age. More than 4000 women applied.
Now until October 28, the women will be featured in this campaign. Here’s an example…
So, here’s the question… do you feel beautiful at your age?
Here are some more interesting findings…
• 27% of women feel you have to be young to be beautiful
• 25% of women feel pressure to look younger
• On average, women get anxious about aging at 34
• 56% of women feel negative when asked their age
• 47% of women feel society puts less value on older women
• 20% of women avoid celebrating birthdays because of their age
• 42% of women wish they looked younger
• 28% of women have pretended to be younger
• 72% of women are concerned about aging
• 87% of women are not proud to reveal their age
Now, shouldn’t we all feel beautiful?