We’re finally moving. I’m over the moon in so many ways. And, a little sad too.
We’ve rented our house out starting July 1st. Now I’m looking for a place in the towns close to my work.
Reasons I’m thrilled about the move.
- No more commute. I know it’s not that long by Toronto standards but it’s dangerous and scary. And, it’s long for me. It robs me of 2 hours with my family.
- Friends! Since I started working “up north” I’ve met so many wonderful people. The women in my book club, my colleagues, the people in Temiskaming Multiple Births. Also, people have been leaving Temagami in droves, any several of our friends settled “up north” I don’t see them often now but it will be so much easier soon.
- Activities for the girls. I don’t want to over schedule them or anything but it will be nice not to have to drive them 2 hours for swimming lessons. Now they can join soccer or dance if they want to. I’m hoping they don’t develop an interest in hockey SACRILIGE I know but…
- Yoga. Pilates. The Gym. Oh, my.
- The boardwalk along the lake. Evening strolls and playgrounds.
Reasons I’m a little sad about the move.
- The Lake. Look at the pics, they speak for themselves. We canoe, we swim, we ski.
- The trails. Pics again. And we can walk to them.
- The house. I’ve been here 9 years now. DH has been here for 35. Our house is cozy. And ours.
- The library. It’s a great library for such a small place.
Farewell Temagami. Hello Temiskaming Shores!
And finally Hallelujah: