Botox. Restylane. Collagen. It’s hard to keep track of all the new beauty products being launched first in cosmetic surgeons offices, and often making their way to our drugstore aisles. If you tried to keep pace with the new innovations, your own bathroom could start looking more like a mad scientist’s lab!
- Rub a little baking soda onto your lips to exfoliate them. Apply Vaseline immediately after to lock in the moisture and get your lips feeling soft and smooth (and oh so smoochable!)
- If you’re still searching for the perfect shade of lip gloss, or you’re all out and need some colour in a pinch – why not make your own? Dip one end of a Q-tip into Vaseline and place on the back of your hand. Dip the other end of the Q-tip into your favourite eyeshadow or powder blush colour (plums work very well) and mix into the Vaseline. Apply with a Q-ip and you’ve got your own unique lip gloss shade!
- Considering a sleeveless top for the holiday season, but worried about your dry elbows? Rub a little Vaseline on them at night and cover with a bandage. You’ll wake up to smooth skin ready for anything!
- Keep a tub of Vaseline petroleum jelly at your desk or close to the kitchen sink and apply a little on your cuticles several times a day to keep them healthy looking.
- I keep a tub in the bathroom and it’s become part of my kids’ bedtime routine to slather some Vaseline on their lips after they brush their teeth. So far it’s keeping those painful chapped lips at bay.