And (below) more about the cleanse and how it’s going.
Okay everybody…you saw it here first!
Yes, that is lil’ ol’ me featured in that commercial for urbanmoms.ca with freakin’ DISCOVERY HEALTH CANADA! Can you imagine?
I am actually feeling rather conflicted about it, truth be told. You know…the before picture, after all. Good GOD! And how bad does my hair look in the after pic? I think it’s the crop job the designers at Discovery Health had to do, but…wow. Can we say baaaaad hair, people?
Anyway, here’s a little look at the original before & after pics:
Holy shiny forehead, Batman!
This is what you get when your sister takes a picture of you on her phone. Not top-quality image resolution!
Anyway. So. There’s a commercial. It’s about me. And I’m a little nervous to see it out there on the airwaves. But, I am feeling super-good about where I am in my weight-loss journey right now, and that’s a good thing.
Well, I couldn’t ignore the topic of Isagenix or cleansing since it created such a furor here yesterday! Thanks Margot, for raising all those questions (which I’ve asked myself, as well). I do have a lot of thoughts about the whole idea of cleansing, supplements and more and I plan to share them in a coherently argued post tomorrow. Today, however, I shall just tell you how the Hubster and I are feeling.
- Misses food (he’s a foodaholic, like me, except worse) but he has really been able to embrace the strict rules of the 9-day cleanse. (I tend to like a little more wiggle-room in my regimens, personally).
- Notices some fatigue, but not really weakness. In fact, he has been outperforming himself at the gym (this guy tracks every rep and set he’s ever done) – lifting more weight, doing more reps, etc.
- Increased stamina. He also tracks his cardio workouts on his training bike (heartrate monitor and all), and cracked a new high this morning on the bike with his maximum heart rate. He was very pleased, particularly because he was able to get his heart rate higher than ever while feeling better and not ever feeling like his lungs were going to give out.
- Has put on a pound or two since resuming the shakes & one meal regimen. But he’s not sweating it. He’ll wait and see what his Day 10 weight is on Saturday.
- Can’t eat as much (quantity) at the one mealtime we get on shake days.
- Have the clearest skin EVER (since puberty, anyways).
- Am fatigued and weak.
- Had the best skiing day EVER IN MY LIFE on Sunday. Honestly…I’ve never been more "on" when it comes to this sport. I shocked Hubster at my ability to follow him down the worst that Sunshine Village has to offer (in-bounds, anyway…avalanche danger is off the scale right now) and still be right behind him pulling into the lift line. Normally he has to wait for me, but I even overtook and passed him a few times. Steeps, moguls, trees – I even caught air on multiple occasions. Nothing could stop me. NOTHING.
- Have also gained one or two pounds during these gluttonous shake days! Bring back the juice! (joking!)
All right…thanks for sticking with me this far. I’ll check in with more stuff tomorrow. Until then, go read my latest post at This Is Kat.