After popping back a birth control pill every night for the past decade, my husband took permanent measures to prevent any future pregnancies and I went off the Pill.
I had been warned that going off the Pill would leave me with much heavier periods, increased acne, and irregular cycles and intensified PMS symptoms.
I warily stopped taking the pills, waiting to see the fury of crazed hormones unleash themselves on my body, but the first few months were filled with pleasant surprises:
1. I lost about three pounds.
2. My periods were actually shorter and lighter.
3. My moods were just as manageable.
“Ha! All those suckers were just pulling my leg about how bad it can be going off the Pill,” I scoffed.
Then. Last month hit.
1. I found those three pounds.
2. My period was NOT light. I’ll leave it at that.
3. I went from zero to CRANKY in two seconds flat. For the whole month.
4. I got cramps that were so intense I could not even stand up.
Yeah. So. Things are leveling off in the ol’ hormone department and it turns out I am fat, grumpy and crampy without the aid of mah pills.
Good to know.
I am hoping my body is still in a “let’s figure out the fluctuating hormones we’ve been experiencing” stage. Anyone else? TELL ME IT GETS BETTER.