I don’t know about you, but I have high hopes for 2011. There is so much I plan to accomplish that I am simultaneously excited about it and crippled by a fear of failing at it all.
Here are my goals:
1. Quit chewing my fingernails and cuticles until they bleed. It’s a gross, unhygienic habit that leaves my hands looking like those of a nervous, deranged individual and I want to have pretty hands again.
2. Lose 30 pounds. I know, this might sound like a lot, but I am GOING FOR IT! I am done having babies and my body is, at long last, mine and mine alone and I am ready to reclaim its hotness. I am going to take my time and lose the weight properly, in a slow, sensible manner.
3. Make physical activity a priority. I have given myself permission for the past few years just to focus on making it through the day, with all the demands of the crazy children gnawing at my heels. But I want to exercise again, not just for my weight loss dreams, but for the (mythical) endorphins, the energy it will give me, and for my health. I am aiming to exercise five days a week, but I am not putting any more structure to it than that. Some days I’ll just go for for a walk, maybe another day I’ll do the 30 Day Dread Shred, or whatever I feel like. As long as it’s something. And I am going to make it a priority, and not just squeeze it in if I have time.
4. Complete my Real Estate Licensing course and pass the exam. I have a bit of anxiety about the final comprehensive test, since there is so much information to retain and my brain is a mound of sleep-deprived mush, but I am going to do it!
5. Continue to be more present with my family. To stop and really feel the moments we’re in. To sit down and a read a book with Karenna when she asks, to play robot tag when the mood strikes, to really savour the days with the lovely people in my home.
What are your dreams/plans/resolutions for 2011?