My Ipad and I are still on our honeymoon – we are inseparable! If I could walk hand-in-hand on the beach with my fancy toy, I so would.
In fact, we are still only getting to know each other – it’s only been a month that we’ve been together. So far, here are some of my favourite apps.
1. Drawing Pad: My kids and I love this! It’s a drawing, painting, creative arts app that lets you create beautiful pictures using many different kinds of media (crayons, pencils, paints with different brush strokes, stamps, and so much more). The possibilities are endless and it’s reconnected me with a form of creative expression that I haven’t enjoyed since elementary school. My kids created this picture a couple of nights ago and I love it! It’s so Jackson Pollock!!
2. Friendly for Facebook: This great app lets me browse through Facebook, and the best thing about it is the photo viewing capability. My favourite thing about Facebook is browsing through my family and friends’ photos, and this makes it so easy.
3. BBC News, Globe and Mail, New York Times: I grouped these together because they are quite similar. These are my favourite news sources, and their apps are easy to use and so informative.
4. Preschool MM: This app has fun, visually stimulating memory games with varying levels of difficulty. It’s unbelievable how much worse my memory is than my kids. They beat me every time! Every time I use this app I feel that my brain is getting a good workout.
5. Flipboard: This app allows me to create a magazine based on my own tastes and choices. I created a magazine that has chapters on fashion, film, news, books and culture. It also turns my Facebook and Twitter accounts into magazine pages. Everything is updated in real time and I can quickly flip through all my media in one spot. It is very cool! Here’s a sample of the app’s table of contents, customized by you.
Like I said, my Ipad and I are still getting acquainted. I suspect that it has a ton of hidden potential of which I am still unaware. I look forward to exploring more and sharing it with you soon! I’d love to hear from you – What are your favourite Ipad apps?