For those of you great friends and readers who have been following my “This Life” blog since the beginning may remember This List from my New Year’s Eve entry:
Twenty Things I want to Do in 2008
- Adopt a baby
- Adopt a baby
- Adopt a baby…OK, so this is my primary focus!!!
- Run the San Diego Rock’n’Roll Marathon
- Lose 50 pounds
- Sell a freelance article to a major magazine
- Finish my book or scrap it all together and start a new one
- Stop obsessively worrying about the kids
- Stop obsessivley worrying about the kids
- Stop obsessively worrying about the kids….another huge area for concern
- Try and sell my Muskoka Alphabet book to a publisher
- Declutter my entire house
- Finally decide if we are renovating or moving
- Put decision into action
- Put friends further up on my list of priorities
- Create new and more exciting lessons for work
- Keep car clean!!!!
- Be more patient with myself (my priest told me at confession that if I was more patient with myself, I would be more patient with others)
- Finish decorating the rooms of the Gaffer and Sirtalksalot
- Find and be myself more often…this I hope is actually inherent in all 20!
I have actually accomplished one and here is my photographic proof that I did indeed run, finish, lose 20 of my fifty pounds and and beat my previous marathon time.
So that is the first list from the title and the reason I am talking about lists instead of an actual book.
The Second List comes from the May issue of Real Simple magazine that I was reading on the plane. It had a number of lists of books for summer reading by noted authors. Here’s the link if you are looking for some reading ideas. Real Simple Summer Reading.
The Third List is the one that my book club is putting together of each of our top ten favourite novels of all time. There are fourteen of us and we are each submitting ten. As one who can never quite follow the rules properly, I submitted a few more than 10. Kate, one of our members is putting the list together to distribute to all of us at our next meeting on the 10th of June.
extra copy of her fun novel, which I will happily send off to the urbanmom who comes closest to choosing the most number of books on the top 10 list. The odds for this are about as random as a lucky draw since I am revealing nothing about my book club, its members or the type of books any of us like to read but I do want to share this great book with one of you and I can’t wait to hear some of your desert island lists.
I will post my book club’s recommendations on the 11th of June so you have until then to post your choices in the comment sections.