I’ve seen a lot of cookbooks out there that claim to cater to the rushed, harried meal providers out there. I’ve taken the bait and bought a few, hoping to transform our crazy meal times, but the bulk of the recipes I’ve seen still involve a whole lotta shopping, chopping and prep time.
So, for all those tired chefs out there, I’ve compiled my OWN list of quick and easy dinners. (The real, uncensored version.)
1. Baked beans. Fresh out of the can. For a special treat, warm them on the stove. Cold out of the can is also acceptable for most discerning palates.
2. Cheese and crackers. Apples slices. Boom. You’re done.
3. Kraft Dinner. Enough said.
4. Eggs. On toast. Fantastic.
5. Chinese from Safeway. What?
6. Hummus, pita, carrot sticks. The end.
7. Smoothies and popcorn. Not even kidding. You got your fruit and yogurt and milk in the smoothie and your whole grain vegetable in the popcorn. Also, added dairy in the 1/2 cup of melted butter I drizzle on top.
8. Hot dogs. It would be a shame to waste all those good pig hooves.
9. Frozen pizza. It goes on sale for $5. So I buy 56 of them and keep our stock steady.
10. Show up at your in-laws’ house at 4:45 and see what happens.
Any special recipes you fall back on when the crazy-busy days hit hard?