- Pea sleeps in her own bed now, in her own room.
- To put her to sleep, either my wife or I lay down in her bed with her, read her stories and give her a tall glass of milk to ease her into La-La land.
- We then lay with her until she falls asleep… we feel this is the best way to introduce her into her own bed and room after months of co-sleeping in our room.
- Unfortunately, we are extremely inconsistent with her bedtime; a long commute means we have a hard time keeping to a specific time.
- The Pea Alligator Roll: She really seems to love rolling around and around and around trying to find a comfortable position. This is extremely annoying, especially when she does it with such glee.
- The Chanteuse: I can’t get Pea to sing “If you’re happy and you know it” during the day, but at night, shell go through every verse and ask me to fill in the actions. Same goes for “The wheels on the bus” and “Old MacDonald.” Maddening.
- The Sneak: At one point, I was on my laying towards the wall away from Pea, and I knew her head was under the blankets, which is a big no-no in our house. I told her to knock it off, and she was shocked. She climbed over top of me, grabbed me by the cheeks, and said “How you know?”, as in “How did you know I was under the covers when you couldn’t see me?” Daddy’s know everything kid. Better learn that now.
- The Inquisitor: Pea thought that, one hour into her attempt to fall asleep, it would be a good time to start with the Why? Why? Why?’s. Not cool, kid, not cool.
- The Comedian: Shortly after she finished with The Inquisitor, she began telling herself Knock-Knock jokes, from start to finish. As in, “Knock knock, who’s there, Daddy, Daddy who?, Daddy Grandma, ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!” That’s right, when she finishes the joke, she laughs heartily at her own comedic chops. Probably a trait she gets from her Dad. That’s when my anger turned to full-on belly laugh.
After her stand-up set finished, and she realized that she was making me laugh, she again grabbed me by the cheeks and asked “Daddy, are you happy?”