I have no idea where this funny name came from but this recipe is a tradition in our family and has been passed down a couple generations and is a real keeper! It’s often my go-to dessert recipe when I’m in a pinch with last minute dinner guests…or for the family when we feel like something warm and gooey. I always have these ingredients on hand and it’s fast. It’s not over the top sweet and goes great with a dollop of ice cream.
Being Grey Cup Sunday here in the city I thought I’d share it with you!
FOOTBALL HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 tbsp Fry’s Cocoa
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp Fry’s cocoa
1-3/4 cup boiled water
1. Mix together flour, salt, baking powder, sugar in a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Blend in 1-1/2 tbsp cocoa, milk and melted butter. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour into 8 ‘ baking pan, and set batter aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar and 4 tbsp cocoa.
5. Sprinkle over top of batter.
6. Pour the boiled water carefully over batter.
7. Bake in over at 350F for 45 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream (optional)
Serves about 4 to 6 people.