Yay! December 1st. A little snow this morning, an advent calendar, festive music on the radio. The Holidays are here, and if you’re heading out for a cocktail party or formal gathering you need a delicious dress. There are so few invitations these days that call for a fancy frock, that when the occasion arises, you want to look and feel your best. So, get inspired with these awesome options…
1. Lovely lace: layers of lace re-occur every few years, and you can’t go wrong with this classic design from Suzy Shier:
2. Pretty in pink: fuschia flourishes this season. If you go for this strong colour statement, balance it with subduded styling, as seen in this stunner from Banana Republic:
3. Red Alert: The festive favourite can be tough to wear. So, shop with a friend to select the right shade for your skintone. Here are options in true red and red wine from Ann Klein:
4. Get ruffled… and not just by traditional Holiday havoc – 2009 is the year to wear feminine flounces. Just keep you proportions in mind. Ruffles add volume, so you can enhance your upper body or balance out your bottom half with the right use of ruffles. Ann Klein offers this option:
5. LBD – the little black dress is always in style and never more so than NOW – choose the cut that best flatters your figure and you’ll have a closet classic for years to come. These are from American Eagle, Esprit and Banana Republic.
Happy Holidays and enjoy dressing up in your festive frock!