1. If they write “I hate it here, pick me up” you will likely find that was one moment of difficulty/ homesickness in an otherwise perfect experience.
2. When they cry when they hug you at pick up it is not because they have missed you or are happy to see you but rather that they are devastated to leave camp.
3. The first layer of everything will be sopping wet and filthy. Everything else in the trunk will be bone dry and untouched.
4. Socks will be dirty on the inside of the socks as well as the outside, proof that their feet were dirty the entire time.
5. No they did not brush their hair.(11 year of age and under) And no they did not die from this.
6.Because of #5 you may have to cut out tangles that cannot be combed through.
7. If they love camp they will not love you or the way you do things for at least 12 hours after pick up.
8.If you have ever wanted to have a beach area, just shake all the sand from their belongings on return and you will have a nice one.
9.They want you to cook like they do at camp. Try not to be insulted by this.
10. You are bugging them. Back off a little.
They speak a language you will not understand, they break out into song suddenly, there are inside jokes and code words. Camp is a fully sanctioned, expensive and legalized cult. And you will send them every year.