- Frequent night waking, but without really seeming conscious;
- “Crying,” that is to say, crying without tears;
- Tendency to throw tantrums and kick legs violently;
- Sustained and constant rubbing of hips during wakings;
- Seeming inability to get comfortable;
- Inconsolable, until she suddenly just stops and goes back to sleep.
- Poor indoor air quality, made substantially better by the constant operation of an air purifier;
- New daytime routine — Pea is now in school all day;
- Dropping of the mid-day nap — Pea doesn’t seem willing to sleep during quiet time at school;
- Recently potty-trained;
- Fairly consistent bedtime routine — bath at 7:00 PM, milk and cereal at 7:30 PM, in bed by 7:45 PM, stories for 15 minutes, quick trip(s) to the potty, lights out by 8:10 PM, asleep by 8:30 PM;
- Issues seemed to begin around Christmas time, when her schedule was severely disrupted by holiday cheer and merriment;
- She has never really been a good sleeper and seems to take two steps forward and one giant step back every few months.
There you have it. I’d love to hear your interpretation of any one, or combination or these symptoms and factors. I’ve got a few theories of my own but I am interested in what others have to say.