I’m finally finished up at work and officially on maternity leave. The last time I worked up until the bitter end, but I knew better than to do that this time around. With just over four weeks to go I’ve started nesting. Today L’il E and I made a batch of spelt banana chocolate chip muffins, although I don’t expect they will last until the end of the week. They’re so yummy!
If you want to give them a try yourself you can check out the recipe at Food Doodles blog and I’ve included my adaptation below for your convenience.
- 1.5 cups spelt flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients until just combined then add chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin cups and pop in the oven for 18 minutes.