- I cannot stand my phone. Actually just the touchscreen. I can’t stand the autocorrect/intuitive typing. If you’ve ever been on the “Damn You, AutoCorrect” website – it’s quite hilarious. But when it’s you everyday spending more time backspacing it’s a huge pain in the rear. For instance I was texting Sean my sushi order on the weekend and he ended up receiving “beef ventilated dinner mrdum” At this point I don’t even go back and correct anything because my backspace button is above the enter button which is beside the number lock button, so I end up going down a few lines and then typing some numbers when I try to correct anything. HATE I tell tell you. HATE.
I realized after I got this phone that I really am a Blackberry girl at heart. I cannot wait until I am reunited with a Blackberry in January!
- My time of relaxation at the arena will be short lived. Cam has pretty much decided that he will go back in net next year. I am mixed about it. I’m not sure I want him in the hero/zero position again or if I want him out in the general population of players once they start hitting in 2 years – although there are already rough plays against the goalies. It also sucks because he’ll need all new equipment. Ka-Ching! Ebay and kijiji here we come.
- I received this as a gift from one of the kindergarteners I work with. It’s genius. It turned this:
- I cannot believe how much I love our new Shoppers Drug Mart. It has EVERYTHING. The cosmetics are unbelievable. Stila, DuWop, Avène, Physicians Formula and my favourite – Boots No. 7! Okay…so I may seem a bit behind the times here, but I live in a small town and we have to drive out of town for anything decent – we don’t even have a movie theatre. So when I went in and saw so many of the names that I love but have no close access to I was excited! I stocked up on all my No.7 products and found when I got to the cash that they were all on sale – bonus!
- For the past 2 years at Christmas we have Elf’d ourselves. This year there is a new webcam option to upload photo’s. So Cuyler did. You can see him dancing with some of his most favourite “people” by clicking the right HERE
I dare you not to laugh while you watch!
- I am raising a three year old girl. Her name rhymes with Diva. This is foreign territory to me. She is the most sweetest thing you could imagine. But then she turns into this menace that makes me want to rip my hair out. Mouthy and lippy and crying and whining and shouting. The thing that makes me want to just snap is when she swats her hand at me when she’s defying me. Where did this little thing come from??? And why can’t we just be like this forever??
I fear what I am in for in 10 years…are her crazy demon eyes in this photo foretelling?
- Cuyler was sick this weekend. Vomiting and the poops. Out of all three of my kids – he is the one who is the hardest to care for when he’s sick. What I mean by that is it’s hardest for me – caring for my kids not the problem. It’s not knowing what the issues are that break my heart. Most 8yr olds can articulate exactly what ails them. Where it hurts. If they have poop cramps or puke cramps. If they have a headache.
He had H1N1 last year and it was the most terrifying thing. His fever was higher than I had ever seen:
One afternoon he got off the couch and his legs buckled under him. He could not walk. Or stand. He could not tell us what he was feeling. We did not know what was going on. He couldn’t tell the dr’s at the hospital anything so by close observation and some neuro testing they concluded that the virus was in his muscles. It was several weeks before he was walking with a normal gait again.
When he is sick – I HATE the autism. It makes me angry and sad and frustrated.
- I can’t decide whether my egg poacher is a he or a she:
- I just have to say how incredibly proud of my husband I am. He works his ass off to provide for his family and his job had been particularly stressful for the past year or so. But every morning he got up, put on his suit and worked his hardest. All of his hard work has paid off. He was offered a job that he had worked for the past 10 years to get. He has been home since Nov 22 when he left his old job and starts his new job January 4th. He needed this break so badly. I didn’t realize how much until the guy I married almost 12 years ago re-emerged. I didn’t realize how uptight and tense and frustrated he had been until it all went away. Our home life is stressful enough without him having to go to a stressful workplace all day everyday. I am proud of him for sticking it out. His patience has paid off immensely and we are looking forward to great things in 2011!