I consider myself a loyal person. I’ve been with my husband for almost 30 years. I’ve worked with the same organization for over 20 years.
But when it comes to fashion, I allow myself a little trendiness and quick indulgence. I’ve worn zebra print skirts, day glow shoes and red snakeskin pleather pants (maternity no less). Sometimes a quick blast of fun into a more classic wardrobe will get you through a season.
The same goes for my nails. I’m loyal to my CND Shellac, and I love Lobster Roll year round. But every now and then, I need a little shake up without a long term commitment. Enter CND Vinylux, a great, durable polish and top coat that dries as quickly as Shellac and lasts 7 full days.
And what’s not to love about CND Vinylux? Here are the pros…
- There’s no base coat needed; this polish has self-adhering properties that don’t require a base coat. Just be sure your nails are nice and clean.
- It dries in just over 8 minutes. I had a full hand massage after my manicure… and went right back to my regular lifestyle without waving my hands in the air all afternoon.
- It will last (chip-proof and without wear) for a full week, but can be removed at any time at home with acetone based polish remover (no soaking or scraping).
- The top coat has some proprietary technology that will actually improve durability with exposure to light over time (but no UV lamps)
- There are over 60 shades, so you’ll find a colour for every mood, every event and every moment of your life.
The only con was that the shine didn’t maintain the way it did with a Shellac manicure. However, I just reapplied the topcoat midway through the week and brought it back.
I’m a fan of this brand and this new line lets me indulge in a little short-term fun without giving up quality.
CND Vinylux is available in salons across the country.
I was not compensated for this post, but was treated to a manicure for review purposes. All opinions are my own.