Spring is wonderful.
Here are some other things that are wonderful:
1. G.H. Cretors Chicago Mix popcorn.
I walked past it in the aisles for years, scoffing in disgust that cheese and caramel were two flavors that should ne’er be mixed. Then I tried it. Sweet mercy. It’s DIVINE. I stand corrected. And it’s handy because Costco sells it in 40 lb bags.
2. Gel polish on my nails. I know it’s a luxury to get one’s nails done, but I have been a chronic nail biter since the age of two and when I have gel polish on, my nails stay out of my mouth and I am actually motivated to not rip them to shreds. It’s good.
3. Coffee. Always. With 18% cream and a sprinkle of sugar.
4. Long weekends. Ahhh.
5. When our kids wake up in the mornings and come out of their bedrooms all bleary-eyed, dragging a blanket on the floor behind them. Nothing cuter.
6. Spin class. Love the burn. And also the calories it burns which allow me to eat an extra pound of mini eggs.
7. Apricot blossoms.
8. Thrift stores. I just found the most amazing vintage silk dress. For $4.
9. Did I mention mini eggs? Oh, yes. I did.
10. Naps. It’s been a while since I’ve had one, but I remember them fondly.