We were all over this year’s Golden Globes and how the moms really brought the style to the red carpet. The gowns, the hair the makeup!
But when the ladies hit the SAG Awards… we were blown away. If risks were taken at the Golden Globes, they were just the warm up.
A personal favourite of ours, rocking a personal favourite trend of ours (the cut out, of course), was Homeland`s Claire Danes, who was nominated for Best Actress at the awards.
Her hunter green Marc Jacobs Jersey Gown was absolutely stunning, but her 1940’s contemporary hair, styled by Peter Butler, took the look to a whole new level. Peter styled Claire’s hair down to pair with the crisscross style of her gorgeous dress.
1. Starting with her natural, low side-part, Peter blow-dried damp hair using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2. Using a round brush, take 3-inch sections of the hair and proceed to blow-dry each section. Then, spray a bit of Vidal Sassoon ColorFinity Dry Shampoo at the roots and backcomb hair for a bit more volume.
3. Using a 3-inch barrel curling iron, wrap 3-inch sections of hair around the curling iron for a polished look. Be careful not to let the hair set, and comb out the curls right away.
4. Next, take a 1 ½ -inch curling iron around small sections of the hair around the face and away from the face.
5. On the heavy side of the part, start to form one wave going down the side of the face by taking small sections of hair away from the hairline and face.
6. Brush out the wave around the face with a Mason Pearson brush and then blow dry the curls to soften them. Spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep the look in place.
7. To finish, spritz hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray for a light shine.