Poor Justin Bieber. It seems the 19 year-old can’t seem to do anything right these days.
Maybe it was his break-up with Selena Gomez that unleashed all this. Maybe his intentions are misunderstood. Maybe it’s just being a famous teenager growing up in the public eye.
Take your pick, but in recent months, he’s managed to offend or baffle:
– Many fellow Canadians for wearing overalls and a backwards baseball cap to receive an award from Prime Minister Stephen Harper. In response to the uproar, Bieber said he simply didn’t have time to change after concert before meeting Harper.
– Some people – for grabbing the breast of a young fan for a photo opp and posting it (and later removing it) on his site. The fan later defended him saying it was a joke and her idea.
– British authorities – for showing up with his under age entourage to a London club. The result? Bieber and his crew were turned away resulting in him tweeting that this was his “worst birthday ever”.
– His neighbour – for spitting on him during an altercation. The neighbour is apparently pressing charges.
– Polish airport officials – for going through the airport with no shirt on and barely-hanging-on-there-pants. It was -19C and no one had asked him to remove his shirt.
– His German fans – for being two hours late for a concert. This made many fans cry and others simply gave up and left.
So what’s his latest faux pas?
While visiting Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, Bieber did something that some feel is insensitive. What did he do? After spending an hour at the museum, he wrote the following in the guestbook:
“Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber.”
Many have taken to social media to blast Bieber for that last line, claiming he is full of himself and is not showing the proper respect. But the museum defended him, posting this on their official Facebook page:
“We think it is very positive that he took the time and effort to visit our museum. He was very interested in the story of Anne Frank and stayed for over an hour. We hope that his visit will inspire his fans to learn more about her life and hopefully read the diary,”
So, what’s your take? What do you make of Bieber’s latest brush with controversy? Is he getting a rough break from the media? Or should his handlers know better?
(photo credit: Instagram)