- Pfft, Legos are for kids dude (usually followed by some awkward facial expression)
- I… um… I don’t have time right now (usually followed by the man running away from you)
Here are the facts. Men only turn down the opportunity to play with a Lego set because they fear it is socially unacceptable to do so. The truth is that all men experience what I like to call the Latent Engineer Effect, or LEE.
- They had a room in the house dedicated solely to the erection and display or elaborate Lego scenes.
- They had large storage bins in their basement, which contained colour-coded Legos for future use.
- He would purchase a new Lego set on a monthly basis and he would spend all of his free time putting together make-believe worlds… not for playing with, but for the challenge of building them.
Is my friends husband weird? Eccentric? Nope. He’s just being honest with himself.