People always ask if I have any suggestions for looking better in pictures. As it happens, I do! Here are a few quick tips to help you avoid having to click the “untag” button next time a camera rolls around.
- RELAX. I know, I know, easier said than done. But it’s true: if you can relax, you’ll look better. If that means shaking it out or taking yoga breaths, do it.
- WEAR A BIT MORE MAKE-UP than you normally would. I don’t mean to go out looking like Kabuki Theatre, but a bit more powder, blush and mascara than normal will make a huge difference.
- WEAR SOMETHING COMFORTABLE. It sounds like a no brainer, but we sometimes forget that if you feel good, you’ll look good.
- PRACTICE. You may feel a little silly, but it helps to figure out your “game face”. Pull out some pictures of yourself that you like, practice making that pose and angle, and work it.
- SIT AND/OR STAND UP STRAIGHT. Again, another no brainer, but it’s surprising how easy it is to forget, especially when seated.
- WEAR SHIMMERY MAKE-UP. You will make you look sweaty, not sexy.
- LOAD ON THE LIP GLOSS. A thin coat of lip gloss will look lovely, but anything more will make you look like an undesirable PornBot.
- STAND DEAD ON TO CAMERA. It’s simply not flattering and you’ll end up feeling like you’re taking a mug shot. Try and stand with one leg forward on a bit of a diagonal to the camera.
- HOLD YOUR BREATH. It’s ok to suck in a little if you’re feeling insecure about the mummy tummy, but don’t forget to breath. Taking and releasing a deep breath is the easiest way to relax in front of a camera.