Last month, I had the amazing opportunity to drive the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia in the new 2013 Chevy Malibu. F-A-B. Keep in mind, I am the small, hatchback queen. My wheels have always been low to the ground and small. Returning from a few days behind the wheel of the Malibu have left me singing the clown song from the circus every time I get in my go-kart car.
- I loved how the car handled. So smooth. You can’t tell whether you’re driving 50 or 150 km/h. Just so smooth. My car starts to shake past the 120 mark!
It was even smooth driving it on and off the ferry! (YIKES)
- It’s a beautiful car to look at. Ours was a blue/grey and it’s a sleek car!
- The leg room. My friend on the drive and I changed into jeans, in the front seat, (while the car was stopped), with no issues. I’m close to 5″10 and all legs. This is a feat!
- The in-car audio system is amazing! So easy to flip from iPod to Sirius to the radio. I really appreciated that. My current car is a nightmare for that. I cross my fingers and hope. But to be able to easily find your favourites without a fuss is a great feature. We had so much fun with the Sirius (which is standard on almost all models).
- We loved the secret, hidden compartment in the dash. So handy to store your cell and sunglasses without leaving them out. (Yes – it’s the little things).
- Loved the On-Star. We were without cell service for most of the trip (wahoo!) but we were able to call in and check in our kids with the On-Star. Great feature.http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/vehicles/chevrolet/malibu/overviewWhat I Didn’t Like
- This will be a short list because I really did love this car. But, I LOVE driving with the window down and my arm on the window ledge, and in the Malibu, it’s too high up to do so comfortably.What I’d Have To Get Used To
- I think it is a fantastic feature but the whole rear camera to back up? I just can’t do it. Even when I see other people use it, I think “LOOK IN THE MIRROR”. I’m just old I guess but I’d have to get used to it.Just the Facts:
CAR: 2013 Chevrolet Malibu
POWER: 2.5l Ecotec Engine – 197hp/ 2.0l – 259hp
BASE VEHICLE COST: From $24,995 MSRP
EXTRAS: Sunroof Package $1,195 – everything else you could want is included!