Who’s up for some random thoughts and updates on my life?
Well, I’m dishing them out anyways….
1. Breastfeeding is weird. My boobs make FOOD. That’s like having the kids say, “Mom, I want a hamburger,” and then my going to the back room, tweaking on my nipples for a half-hour and having a quarter-pounder ooze out of them and onto a plate.
2. I think there is a saturation point when it comes to fatigue. I am as tired as one can possibly get and there’s no difference between getting three hours of sleep at night versus five hours, so I may as well stay up until 1 a.m. baking Christmas cookies since there’s no distinction between my levels of fatigue anymore. Kind of like if you get pushed off a boat into the ocean and swim your way to shore, it doesn’t really matter if it’s raining once you hit land, you know? You’re already as wet as you’re gonna get.
3. Babies should not be allowed to get sick. I was in the ER with Brinley this week since she was coughing so much she could not breathe. Not cool. She’s better now.
4. I like Diet Coke. SO MUCH.
5. I am not really a fan of New Year’s Resolutions, but I think I might make one to stop gnawing my nails and cuticles until they bleed. I am constantly chewing on my fingers and it’s gross and my hands look so nasty. I think I need an intervention.
6. I got to blow-dry and straighten my hair once this week and I am determined to have my styling efforts last a minimum of three days. I don’t care if I am a hot, greasy mess by then; I just have to maximize the look.
7. I don’t have the time for recreational reading these days, but I ordered Super Sad True Love Story on Amazon anyways because it looked too good to pass up. As scintillating as my Real Estate text books are, I need something a bit more engaging.
8. If all I could eat were bread, cheese, and butter, I could totally be OK with that.