We are a ‘toast and cereal for breakfast’ kind of family. It’s easy, quick and I can lay in bed a few extra minutes while the kids sploosh a litre of milk all over the counter, missing their bowls of Mini-Wheats.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 -2 tablespoon cooking spray
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the eggs on medium speed until frothy.
- Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium speed just until blended. (You may have a few lumps, but don’t worry about it).
- You can also mix this together using a wooden spoon or whatever you have.
- Heat lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the tops of the pancakes are covered with tiny bubbles and the batter is set, about 4-6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Recipe link is found here.